Saturday, February 12, 2011

Giants Castle & Cave Paintings

Today we went on our third excursion to the Giants Castle Game Reserve where you can experience an AMAZING/BREATHTAKING/EXQUISITE/WONDERFUL/MIND-BLOWING hike! It leads up to original cave paintings done by the San (Bushmen) people who lived up in the mountains. This was located in Central Drakensburg, South Africa. It was absolutely beautiful. The hike took about 45 minutes, so it wasn't too bad. It actually rained 35% of the time we were there, so we were kept cool. I LOVE nature!! Africa is SO beautiful.

Picture time!
Lots of maize. Mmmmm MAIZE.

Farmland and whatnot.

Cows are rampant.

The road, on our way to Giants Castle aka 2.5 hour drive

I ate that.

Beautiful. I mean, the scenery.

This one's for you, mom.

A close-up for all my fans.... *wink*

I thought this was worth posting.

Love it!!

This was not photoshopped

Kelly, Lauren and Kristina eating their lunch on a rock.

Wow (:

Lunch is pretty serious

Me and Allie looking cute on our hike

We arrived at the caves!

Depictions of the San (Bushmen)

I fit in, don't you think?

Yah, it's pretty intense.

Advanced Rock Art 

I never knew Middle-Earth existed in Africa.

Baby, I know.

Pretty legit.

Apparently these are drawings of humans with animal body parts...
o....k...

Musa was my guide going back. He's great!

Okay, that's all for now loves!

<3michiko

No comments:

Post a Comment